Rules & Regulations
Proof of at least two million dollars liability insurance must be shown by all livestock exhibitors and event participants.
1. All exhibitors, spectators and participants must pay admission - a wristband will be issued. Children under 6 are Free.
2. All exhibits, except livestock, will be judged on the first day of the show and must be entered with the Secretary and on the grounds between 7:00 p.m and 8:30 p.m. Thursday, or 8:30 - 11:00 a.m. Friday. Judging will start at 12:00 p.m. Friday. All livestock must be entered with the secretary, and on the grounds before 10:00 a.m. the day of showing and judging to start at 11:00 a.m. unless otherwise stated.
3. While the Directors will take every possible precaution under the circumstances to secure safety articles sent to the exhibition, the owners must take the responsibility and risk of exhibiting and should any article be accidentally injured, lost or stolen, the Directors will give all the assistance in their powers towards recovery but will not make any payments for the value thereof.
4. Persons exhibiting articles not their own and not in accordance with these rules, shall forfeit all prizes.
5. All articles included in the Homecraft Division must be the production of the house exhibiting it and the Director in charge of Division has the authority to call for an affidavit.
6. A piece of each entry will be kept on show and the remaining pie, cake, etc., will be allowed to be taken home at 4:30 p.m. Friday, or when judging is completed.
7. An exhibitor may enter only one entry per class, with the exception that an exhibitor livestock classes may have two entries in any class.
8. Root vegetables are: beets, carrots, parsnips, turnips, rutabagas, radishes and sugar beets. Vegetables should be cleaned and uniform in size and shape.
9. Membership fee. Everyone over the age of 18 who competes, pays a membership fee. Annual Associate Membership $5 or Full Voting Membership $10.
10. The Society will not be responsible for any loss, damage or accident occurring to any property on the grounds during the fair.
11. In the case of an error in the printing of the prize list, the Directors have the power to rectify the same.
12. No prize will be paid until the books are properly made up, and all complaints, if any, heard and decided by the Directors.
13. No person shall be allowed to go near the judges during their inspection of stock except the Directors appointed for that purpose whose duty it shall be to preserve order and point out the various lots.
14. All exhibits in harness classes must be shown in a suitable vehicle.
15. Exhibitors of purebred stock must produce to the Secretary, previous to entry, satisfactory Certificates of Registration in their different Class Books, or give satisfactory evidence that they are entitled to be registered in the same.
16. Brood mares must be accompanied by their foals or satisfactory proof furnished that they have suckled a foal during the present season.
17. Proof of at least TWO million dollars liability insurance must be shown by all livestock exhibitors and event participants.
18. All livestock must be shown in the judging ring in order to be awarded prize money.
19. No animals shall be removed from the show grounds until 3:00 p.m. without permission. All stock, produce or other articles exhibited are at risk of the owner and bulls must be secured by the proper rings to prevent mischief.
20. All prize cheques are to be cash within 90 days of date issued.
To accomodate exhibitors at a distance the Secretary will receive entries by mail address to:
Drayton Mapleton Agricultural Society
Box 255, Drayton, Ont. N0G1P0
In case of bad or unfavorable weather, or other reasons causing the receipts to fall short of paying expenses, a proportionate amount, exclusive of the membership, will be deducted from such prizes, to enable the Directors to balance the amounts collected, and not leave the whole sum to be a debt to bear heavily on the Society and thus impair its usefulness.
Privacy of Information Policy
Any information collected by the Drayton Mapleton Agricultural Society regarding members, exhibitors, commercial exhibitors, sponsors, directors and any other persons related directly to the business of the Drayton Mapleton Agricultural Society and the Drayton Fair, will be used solely for the purpose of promotion of the Drayton Mapleton Agricultural Society and the Drayton Fair, and for maintenance of their files and data base. Any member, exhibitor, commercial exhibitor, sponsor or director realizes that when they agree to take part in the Drayton Mapleton Agricultural Society and the Drayton Fair, their names may be published for these reasons only. None of this information, whatsoever, will be sold or transferred to any outside party for any reason.