The Drayton Mapleton Agricultural Society
DEMOLITION DERBY RULES
ALL DRIVERS DRIVE AT THEIR OWN RISK
$25 Entry Fee
1. Drivers must be 18 years of age or older and MUST show proof of age. No one under 16 years old allowed in the pit.
2. Open to any FRONT WHEEL ONLY car. NO STATION WAGONS ALLOWED. 1/2 ton truck class NO FOUR WHEEL DRIVES.
3. All glass and lights must be removed from the vehicle, except the windshield. If windshield is removed, a WIRE MESH must be applied in its place. No hole in the windshield at inspection. If so, replace with wire mesh. Vehicles will not be allowed to run with broken glass in them.
4. Stock gas tank must be removed. MUST have steel marine gas tank OR small foreign car tank under 5 gallons. Tanks must be SECURELY FASTENED (no tarp straps) in rear seat area and covered with non-flammable material (example: tin) ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP CANNOT BE DIRECTLY HOOKED TO BATTERY. IT MUST HAVE A SWITCH IN BETWEEN; WITHIN REACHING DISTANCE OF THE DRIVER. THERE MUST BE A SECOND SHUT OFF SWITCH ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE CAR ROOF BY THE DRIVER'S DOOR FOR OUTSIDE ACCESS.
FOR TRUCKS - Gas tanks must be securely fastened behind the cab and must be covered.
5. All doors, hood and trunk lids must be fastened shut using chain only. Chain should be no smaller than 5/16 inch in diameter and no larger than 3/8 inch in diameter.
6. Batteries must be placed on the floorboards of the driver's compartment, passage side, and securely fastened (no tarp straps) in a leak proof containerand covered. One battery only allowed.
7. Radiator must remain in stock location or be taken out. (No transmission coolers). NO ANTIFREEZE PERMITTED IN RADIATORS. WATER ONLY. Fan may be removed.
8. Freon and air conditioners radiator must be removed.
9. FRONT DOORS MUST BE PAINTED WHITE OR A VERY LIGHT CONTRASTING COLOUR. NO HITTING DRIVER'S SIDE DOOR.
10. A Number will be assigned when registered. IF YOU HAVE A PREFERENCE, YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER, MINIMUM SIZE OF NUMBER IS 18 inches.
11. Interior of vehicle must be completely removed, including flammable material and rear seat and head liner. Vehicles must be swept clean. All chrome must be removed from vehicles.
12. Absolutely no reinforcement of any kind (example: welding of bumpers, doors, trunks, hood) or car will be disqualified. Except the drivers may be have a safety bar on the exterior of the door. The bar should not to extend more than 6 inches beyond either side of the door and the bar must be a maximum of 1/4 inch thickness. B post to B post bar behind front seats - 2" to 4" in diameter. Must be bolted.
13. Must have D.O.T. approved tires. Wheel weight must be removed. No double or liquid filled tires allowed. Tires must not exceed "P" rated. No studs or screws in rims to hold tires. No snow tires.
14. Welded or spooled rear ends allowed.
15. Bumper ends may be cut off (the shock must be drilled or bumpers CHAINED to frame only), fenders may be cut for wheel clearance only. No welding or enforcing frame. No trailer hitches allowed. Bumper must be on the vehicle for at least the first heat. THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED!
16. No blocking or welding of springs or shocks. No alteration of suspension allowed.
17. Must have air breather in stock locations. A 15" diameter hole must be cut out of the hood directly above the breather.
18. A strong wire or nylon mesh is mandatory to cover the driver's window.
19. Must have minimum stock seatbelts in working order.
20. Must have C.S.A. approved helmet with shield or safety goggles. Helmet cannot be over 10 years old.
21. Must have fire suit or coveralls (preferably treated).
22. All vehicles MUST have a fire extinguisher fastened securely within the driver's reach.
23. All vehicles must have brakes to enter.
24. All drivers must attend the Driver's Meeting. Only drivers are allowed at the meeting. FAILURE TO ATTEND WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION WITH NO REFUND OF ENTRY FEES.
25. All vehicles must be ready BEFORE coming to the grounds. For example: the screens must be on the windows, fire extinguisher installed & everything chained except hood and trunk. If a car is not ready at the inspection time, they will not be allowed to run.
26. ONLY the driver and 2 pit crew are permitted in the pit area or on the track. MAXIMUM OF 3 PEOPLE PER CAR. All persons in the pit must be at least 16 years old and must sign a release and waiver of liability before entering.
27. EVERYONE PAYS AT THE GATE TO ENTER THE FAIRGROUNDS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
28. Vehicles cannot be driven to the event. They must be towed or trailered.
29. If a driver does not hit another car within ONE MINUTE, the driver with be disqualified. Being hit by another car or hitting a stalled car DOES NOT qualify as a hit. If two cars hit at the same time, it will be the decision of the judges as to which car made the hit.
30. No pay out will be made until all vehicles and parts are removed from the field.
31. Cars or trucks with plastic or composite bodies will NOT be allowed to participate.
32. All vehicles will be subject to approval by the officials in charge. ALL OFFICIAL DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
33. ABSOLUTELY NO REFUND OF ENTRY FEES IF DISQUALIFIED FOR ANY REASON.
If a car is not ready by inspection time, it will not be allowed to run.
ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR DRUGS ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES. POSSESSION WILL BE CAUSE FOR DISQUALIFICATION & EVICTION FROM THE GROUNDS.
CARELESSNESS OR RECKLESS DRIVING OR BEHAVIOUR IS PROHIBITED & WILL BE CAUSE FOR DISQUALIFICATION & EVICTION FROM THE GROUNDS.